Terms and Conditions
Please note that we are unable to accommodate requests for gifts to be sent to arrive on, or before, a specified date. All orders will be despatched within 28 days of receipt, although our aim will be to send them out within ten working days where possible..
Practical Action is a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee. Company Reg. No. 871954, England (Registered Charity No. 247257), VAT No. 880 9924 76. Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of this site.
- Practical Action reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
- This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to Practical Action are provided "as is" without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will Practical Action be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
- Practical Action does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
- Copyright restrictions:
- Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation from Practical Action. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any licence by Practical Action to use any item displayed.
- Documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not Practical Action). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
- Practical Action takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet Sites.
- Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, nonconfidential and nonproprietary information.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately
While the stories in this catalogue are representative of real situations, names and photographs have been changed to protect the identity of individuals.
Your donations are allocated wherever the need is greatest – helping us create simple solutions to poverty together with local communities throughout the world. Every single item in this catalogue is used in Practical Action's projects so you really will be helping to transform lives.
Photography: Zul Mukhida, Emma Judge, Practical Action/Bangladesh, John Young, Awadalla Hamed, Mohammed Salih, Annie Bungeroth, Lucy Stevens, Ian Capewell, Practical Action/Zimbabwe, Praction Action/Peru, Praction Action/Nepal, Ana Castaneda, Margaret Gardner, Practical Action/Kenya, Helen Marsh, Practical Action/Sudan, Warwick Franklin, Francis Muchuri, Sujana Upadhyay, Mehrab ul Goni, Sufala Abdelsalam, Justine Williams, Crispin Hughes, Rakesh Yogal Shrestha.
Company Reg. No. 871954 | Reg. Charity No. 247257 | VAT No. 880 9924 76